Monday, December 19, 2016

Paper Shadowbox Frame






Ronda made these frames in her studio and I had to try making them for myself - what a cute idea that you can customize so many different ways year round. I watched her youtube video (search for Ronda Wade Stampin' Up if my video doesn't work) on how to do them, they aren't difficult but made you my own little video to talk you thru it instead of trying to write it all down. I promise it isn't hard!

I decorated the biggest frame in a fall theme, and did a cute snowman scene in the the middle sized one - I haven't made a small one yet but so far this snowman one is my favorite. It's just a piece of paper cut to fit the opening, then I free hand cut a piece of glittery white paper for the snowbank. The snowman, his accessories, and noel are made from a diecut/Big Shot template (Stampin' Up), you can free hand cut these or use stencils or something to re-create for yourself. Same with the Fall one - I used Big Shot templates for the letters and leaves. If I made it again I'd use a patterned paper for the background. Use your imagination and decorate however you want, with whatever supplies you have!

Note - the largest frame doesn't stand up on its own (at least mine doesn't), but the snowman one does!




the frame before I decorated it. 

on my mantle, so cute. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment