Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve

A thought for today - it's ok if you are super busy, super stressed, super behind (any of those "super" things haha) to cut a couple corners and make things easier on yourself, right? I love to cook and bake so usually make food from scratch, but I'm just out of time and having people over for dinner tonight was giving me an anxiety attack - 'how'm I going to get everything done?' is all I could think about. Then I decided to chill out and do the next best thing to homemade - I bought pre-made lasagna, pre-made garlic bread, and pre-made cheesecake. Problem solved (as long as I remember to put it in the oven in time!). And my friends are not going to care - which is why they are my friends LOL! I was telling LeDonna that I'm feeling a tiny bit guilty about it AND now I don't have anything to blog for today (I didn't actually make anything) - and she said "no, that is what you should blog! It's ok to not make everything and to not feel bad about it!!" Haha, and she's right. Happy Christmas Eve everyone!

PS: I'm making a simple salad, and those two fruit toppings that I made for Kyle's birthday (click here for that post) back in March that are so delish, quick and easy - still trying to not feel bad for buying everything haha!

3 comments:

  1. I would have done the same thing Jill! Do not worry, it is all about being together. Hey I have a leak in my leaving room from all the rain, I have 3 buckets in there, a tarp, and beach towels. It is a sight to behold! I just have to laugh!!It will be what it will be. I have 15 people coming tomorrow for Christmas dinner. Oh well can not do anything about it. Roofer coming Tuesday. Your the best! Hang in there and enjoy one another! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you got thru the weekend ok and the buckets haven't overflowed! What a mess! Dinner ended up being great, had 2 people ask for the lasagna recipe ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that 2 people ask the lasagna recipe! Awesome. Well we need roof repair like crazy so we decided just to get a whole new roof. Buckets are gone till this weekend when we get rain again!! Starting the new roof in a week. Oh Mercy! We all laughed about the buckets and pool towels! However we where together eating, laughing sharing stories, kids opening presents and having a good time. Our dinner too came out good. However I have decided to relinquish me doing Christmas Day dinner. It is a lot of work!!! Just everything evolved. I have two beautiful young nieces that are very capable of hosting! They looked at me with this puzzled look when I announced it. Lol!! What they do not have for hosting I will be happy to let them borrow. Happy New Year! We are staying in no plans, making soup with some toast and salad. Simple and easy. 15 bean soup. I have a good ham bone left from eater in the freezer. Tell Dave Hello!

    ReplyDelete