Friday, December 30, 2016

Pimento Cheese

Thinking about what to make for our New Years party - right now I'm thinking tenderloin sliders (made with Boursin cheese spread on King's Hawaiian rolls, topped with a slice or two of tenderloin and a big arugula leaf...yum), not sure what anyone else is bringing yet. For sure I'll make my yummy pimento cheese...ok, it's not actually "mine" - this is a Paula and Bobby Dean recipe but I've been making it for so long I think of it as mine now haha. When my nieces were younger they called it "yummy cheese", as in "can we have yummy cheese tonight?" - if adults and kids both give it a thumbs up you know it has to be good! I usually double the recipe and use it multiple ways (my mom just gave me the tip to make grilled ham and cheese with it, that'd be so good!), if there's much leftover it freezes well too.

1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1 Cup grated monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 to 3 Tablespoons pimentos
1 teaspoon grated onion (optional)
1/2 teaspoon House Seasoning*
1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper

With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and beat until well blended. Serve with crackers, pita chips, thin breadsticks, etc.

note: *House Seasoning is a mixture of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. It calls for so little in this recipe that I just mix a bit of each in the palm of my hand and add it to the cheese mixture.

Makes 2 1/2 to 3 cups

No comments:

Post a Comment