Monday, December 12, 2016

Marquee Inspired Letters

I've seen this idea a bunch of places and done many different ways - some have actual lights in them, or use gold Christmas ornaments, I really liked one that used ping pong balls as the "lights" but I couldn't find inexpensive ping pong balls so went with small white glittered Christmas ornaments and love, love, love how this turned out. Obviously you can spell any word you want (I did Christmas but it'd be super cute any time of year with a different word or just an initial). Paper mache letters aren't very expensive but they seem to be on sale frequently so I just waited until I saw them half priced - these are about 8" tall (there are smaller and larger ones available) and cost me $1.50 each.

Supplies:
-paper mache letters
-small ornaments
-exacto knife
-paint and paint brush
-hot glue








-Carefully cut off the top of the letter with an exacto knife.
-Paint the letters with craft paint (I used a 1" foam brush and teal colored paint).
-Remove the top hanger from the ornament (I just pulled them off with little pliers). 
-Hot glue the stem side of the ornament (where the hanging thing was) to the inside of the painted letter.














































No comments:

Post a Comment