Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Chocolate Caramel Cookies

I thought I'd posted this easy cookie idea in the past but I can't find it so when I made them twice in the past week I took pictures so I can tell you what I did (also so I'll remember how to make them the next time I go looking for the post!). I start with a Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk cookie mix, mix according to package directions - doctor it by adding a 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla and a pinch of coarse salt.

2 notes: (1) the second time I made these I forgot to add salt to the dough, so I sprinkled a tiny bit on top of the caramel that I put into the center of the cookie before encasing it. (2) I use unsalted butter in the mix, if you are using salted butter I probably wouldn't add additional salt. 

Cut 11 soft caramels in half (Werther's work really good when stuffing cookies); scoop out the dough using a medium scoop - I scoop them all out onto a piece of parchment paper first before rolling over the caramels; place 1/2 of a caramel into the center of each dough ball and push the dough over the caramel completely covering it. Refrigerate for a couple hours. Bake according to package directions and cool completely on a wire rack - some of the caramel might come out a little bit, if you just let them set on the rack until they are cool the caramel firms up and it won't be messy. 

I get 21 cookies using my medium scoop. 






8.16.22: TT things to toss


2 comments:

  1. These were so good Jill, thanks for sharing some with us camping buddies. I’m going to try making some, but I know I enjoy our treats more when you make them. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny that made me laugh!!

    ReplyDelete