Sunday, August 16, 2020

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 33)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened at camp last week in case you missed anything:

Posts ~
8/9: 🔥 week 32
8/10: hello doormat
8/11: tip-sy tuesday: brownie liners
8/12: mini cream pies
8/13: notebook paper frame
8/14: mason jar 'lunchables'
8/15: mini succulent shadowbox

What's Cooking' ~
  • sushi tower, chicken teriyaki (will post both recipes soon), roasted broccoli
  • marinated thin chicken breast, potato salad, roasted asparagus
  • bbq ribs, chopped kale salad
  • take-out tacos
  • chicken sausages, penne with roasted cherry tomatoes (from my garden), caesar salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • read 'The Silent Patient" by Alex Michaelides. I borrowed it from Mickey before she read it, when she asked if I liked it I answered 'it's fine'. She's like 'well that's not a rave review, should I bother reading it?'. Ummm, I guess if you're bored and have nothing else to read I'd say yes read it, but if you're looking for the psychological thriller it says it's supposed to be then I'd say no, don't bother. It wasn't much of a thriller - it does have a twist or two but not until too close to the end to make it suspenseful. ⭐️⭐️
  • read "Before I let You Go" by Kelly Rimmer. Got good reviews but I just didn't love it. It's a sad depressing story about 2 sisters (one a doctor, the other a heroin addict), a boring boyfriend, a mother who joined a religious cult, and a baby. I bet that summary really makes you want to read it hahahahaha? ⭐️⭐️
Hope you enjoyed the week of re-runs and didn't mind me taking a much needed break to get caught up on life! Come back next week for fresh posts - recipes, projects, and whatever else I can think of to make (or what my friends/family make!).

Sincerely ~


Jill
rested camp counselor 

No comments:

Post a Comment