Saturday, August 29, 2020

Old World Sauerkraut Supper

LeDonna made us this sauerkraut dish for dinner and we loved it SO much there were no leftovers - which made me sad since I would have had it for breakfast the next morning, but that should tell you how good it is! I used to hate sauerkraut until I found a recipe with pork chops, brown sugar and caraway seeds that made it palatable, since then I've learned to love it. This recipe reminds me a little of the one I make, I don't think I've ever shared it with you... if I remember I'll find it and post - then you'll have 2 delish sauerkraut recipes!

  • 1 jar sauerkraut
  • 2 potatoes, cubed
  • 2 apples, cubed
  • 3 T. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 t. caraway seeds
  • polish kielbasa (or whatever sausage you want), cut in pieces
  • 1/2 cup water
Cook in crockpot on low 7-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours until the potatoes are fork tender. 












2 comments: