Sunday, August 27, 2023

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 35)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

8/20: 🔥 week 34

8/21: bobble stitch baby blanket

8/22: TT random stripe generator

8/23: carrot orzotto

8/24: plum bbq sauce/spoon sweet

8/25: MSTI dish scrubber

8/26: words

What's Cooking ~

  • pasta with italian sausage and mushrooms, steamed green beans
  • steak, potato salad, wedge salad
  • grilled thin chicken breast, pierogi with peas and tomatoes
  • taco bar, spanish rice
Miscellaneous Stuff Keeping Me Busy ~
  • read 'The Glass Castle' by Jeanette Wells and I'm torn on how I feel about it. The cover says it's a "remarkable memoir of resilience and redemption and a revelatory look into a family at once reply dysfunctional and uniquely vibrant". It is very well written, the author is a great storyteller and I was captivated enough to read the whole thing - I definitely rooted for the children of 2 awful parents and hoped they'd rise above what they endured! One review I read sums it up for me - "a humerus, horrifying, angering, and lovingly heartbreaking story..." I'll go ⭐️⭐️⭐️ but the storytelling alone should make it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️.
  • read 'Land of Shadows' by Rachel Howzell Hall, a crime fiction police procedural with a female homicide detective. Took me a minute to get interested in the characters but ended up liking it and can recommend if murder/mystery is your thing. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Look how ADORABLE my grandniece Georgie is!! I'm sure I'm not biased at all, I mean just look at that face hahah!! Georgia Garnett is Mickey and Kyle's baby girl born 8/8 - I cannot wait to meet her! In the meantime I'm just soaking up all the photos and videos they are sending. Yep that's a lot of exclamation points but I'm so excited! 🥰🥰🥰

That's it for this week - see you next week with more fun projects, recipes, crafts, whatever we think to make at camp :)

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor

8.27.22: roasted radishes

8.27.21: computer prob, no post

8.27.20: comeback sauce

8.27.19: TT wrapping paper holder

8.27.18: newspaper purse update

8.27.17: broccoli salad

8.27.16: Moscow Mule




No comments:

Post a Comment