Thursday, August 31, 2023

Beef and Mushrooms

I bought a package of very thinly sliced steak (very, very thinly sliced) from Costco and am thinking of ways to prepare it. First up - beef and mushrooms based on Jiji's cooking lesson for beef and broccoli (click to read all about that amazing meal). 

I pretty much followed how Jiji taught us to make beef and broccoli but I did do it a little different in that I  sautéed a container of sliced mushrooms and one cubed zucchini along with a small amount of broccoli in a pan with a little oil over medium-high heat until the mushrooms were cooked and the broccoli softened; the meat is so thinly sliced that I added it to the veggies and cooked for just a couple minutes and it was done. Then I seasoned with soy sauce, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, a bit of raw cane sugar, salt and pepper (all to taste like Jiji does) and I added a little hoisin sauce because I have it on hand. I drizzled a teensy bit of sesame oil overtop but didn't add sesame seeds. 

This turned out SO GOOD!! I hope I made Jiji proud haha :)



No comments:

Post a Comment