Friday, August 31, 2018

Wood Beam Chandelier (and other farmhouse projects by Cathy)

Cathy and Al made this light fixture and I am obsessed with it - just look how amazing it is! I want one of these so bad.....they found an old beam on the property (more on that in a sec) and cleaned it up. Carved out a channel along the top for the electrical parts to hide in, and painted the metal brackets to look old. Then wrapped industrial string lights around it and suspended it from the ceiling. Isn't it SO cool?!!!!! If you want more specific instructions I'm sure she'll share, just let me know.

Their son bought a big piece of property outside of Austin, TX that has 2 houses on it, they are in the process of fixing them up to rent - this project is right up Cathy's alley and she's been going to town with so many ideas that I'm just drooling and so jealous over. For instance (I don't have a picture because she forgot to take one), she found an old velvet dress in a second hand store that she recovered dining room chair cushions with! So creative. Oh, and every chair around the old farmhouse table is a different style - love love that.

They painted an old well house like the Texas flag:


Her granddaughter distressed the mailbox and painted the numbers on in this cool font  - obviously craftiness runs in the family:


This is just a couple of their projects, I hope she keeps sending me these great ideas - I'm so inspired (and envious!). Thanks for sharing, Cathy!


one year ago: 2 different versions of remoulade sauce for crab cakes and other seafood
two years ago: coconut cream filled cupcakes - SO good and SO pretty!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment