Monday, August 13, 2018

Framed Travel Coins

I just saw this on a friends Facebook wall and instantly knew I was stealing the idea! We have so many random foreign coins that are in a baggie - not enough to convert back to USD, plus I like to have them as keepsakes of our trips - so they've just been sitting around. This is just a frame with whatever background you want - it could be a piece of printed scrapbook paper, or you could arrange ticket stubs, maps, etc. and glue them all on a plain piece of paper to lay under the coins, if it will fit in the frame (check that out before you go to all the trouble of arranging the papers - see her note). Brooke recommends you glue the coins to the paper or they'll fall when you lift the frame.  I asked what she used as a background and this is what she had to say:

it's a solid piece, I thought about using postcards but it was going to be too thick so it's just a scrapbook page. I used super glue to attach the coins to the paper. I did have to play around with a few frames to make sure it fit, I didn't like the distance between the glass and coins on a shadowbox but found this frame at JoAnns on clearance and just took some coins with me to make sure the backing fit.

Isn't this a fun, useful, inexpensive (if you already have the coins that is!) idea - in addition to being a great way to display travel memories? Thanks for the idea and letting me steal your photo, Brooke! I literally just saw this idea and am posting it, I'll be making myself one and will show you when it's done. I couldn't wait to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment