Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Buckeye Brownie Cookies

For my sissy's birthday I always make some kind of peanut butter dessert - I've done ice cream cake, a peanut butter layered dessert, and buckeyes...she always wants buckeyes! I asked Brooke what I should make for this years dessert and she said "anything with peanut butter. maybe just give her a jar of peanut butter and be done" hahahah. Searching for new ideas of peanut butter desserts I came across this recipe for cookies made out of doctored brownie mix and topped with buckeye filling - sort of the perfect non-buckeye (as in 'I don't have time to roll out and dip buckeyes') buckeye dessert. They turned out great and I'm pretty sure they'll be a birthday request again :)



Buckeye Brownie Cookies
  • 1 box fudge brownie mix (19.5 oz)
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  1. Heat oven to 350'. In a medium bowl, beat the brownie mix, butter, cream cheese, and egg. The dough will be a little sticky. Scoop the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet, making about 24 cookies. Smooth the edges of each to form a round cookie.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the powdered sugar and peanut butter until it is completely combined. Form the mixture into about 1 inch balls, make sure you have one ball for each cookie. Set aside.
  3. Bake the cookie dough 12 minutes, keeping an eye out to make sure they don't overcook.
  4. As soon as the cookies come out of the oven, press a peanut butter ball lightly into the center of each cookie. Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
  5. Melt the 4 oz. of chocolate in a microwavable bowl for 30 seconds. Stir and melt for additional 15 seconds or until completely melted. Spoon over each cookie.
Makes approx. 24 cookies. Store in an airtight container.

Notes: I added a pinch of coarse salt and a handful of mini chocolate chips to the batter. My medium sized cookie scoop made exactly 24 cookies, and I used my small scoop for the peanut butter mixture. Bake these on parchment paper to make clean up a cinch. Also, Dave is allergic to nuts so I made a couple of these without the buckeye topping - that's why the picture shows some plain brownie cookies (which also tasted good). 

click here for original post

two years ago: how to make a directional sign

No comments:

Post a Comment