Friday, August 24, 2018

Eek - Spiders! (and their removal)

The RV is being overrun with spiders and it's driving me crazy. I'm not "afraid" of spiders - unless they are tarantula-sized (and then show me one person not afraid of that!), but I don't want them inside! I'm having trouble sleeping thinking about them crawling on me, so I finally googled to see about ways to stop them from coming in...turns out our RV is not the only one with this problem and there are lots of home remedies that might help.


Spiders apparently don't like vinegar, citrus, peppermint, eucalyptus, and clean/tidy spaces. So I just got done doing what makes sense to me and (1) cleaned the RV nose to toes, top to bottom and (b) made my own spider-repellant concoction that I sprayed around the seals, registers, windows and doors, etc. Dave asked if I followed some recipe, but nope - I'm winging it and we'll see what happens. I'll letcha know Sunday in my weekly "around the campfire" summary how it worked!

In a spray bottle I mixed half white vinegar with half water, then added a few drops of lemon oil, eucalyptus oil, and peppermint oil. It smells nice and clean in here so even if it doesn't keep the spiders at bay at least the RV has a fresh scent! Fingers crossed.

PS: let's not tell my sister about this little spider issue - they are coming to spend the night with us and she does not need to know that we are fighting creepy-crawlies... I'm sure it's going to be fine...

PSS: Today is Dave's birthday - I made him a coconut rum bundt cake that looks fabulous but I don't want to share it with you until we eat it later tonight and I can give you an honest assessment of how it tastes and if I'd do anything different next time. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment