Wednesday, August 1, 2018

White Chocolate Brownies with Sprinkles

Made these for my niece G's birthday - we took them to her last week (on our girls road trip) and didn't want to make cake that would fall apart or cupcakes that might dry out - so googled for other birthday dessert ideas that would travel well and found these white chocolate brownies full of sprinkles. They are pretty, chocolatey (even though it doesn't look it), and they arrived fresh and in one piece. Can't ask for much more than that in a birthday dessert! She kept cutting off little pieces saying she couldn't stop eating it - I'll take that as they are yummy in addition to being pretty :)


  • 6 tablespoons very soft butter
  • 8 oz. white chocolate (I used chips)
  • 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/3 cup sprinkles (I used regular sprinkles in the batter and topped with my sprinkle mix - click here for that post)
Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350'F.
  2. In a glass bowl, melt the white chocolate according to package instructions (I put in micro for 30 seconds, stirred, then did 15 more seconds and stir again until super smooth)
  3. Once melted and smooth, stir in the softened butter. Add sugar and mix will with a wooden spoon. Mix in the salt, vanilla, and eggs until incorporated. Stir in flour until well combined. Fold in the sprinkles until evenly distributed.
  4. Spread batter into a greased 8" pan and add a few extra sprinkles on top. Bake for 28 minutes until it's set and lightly browned. Let cool before cutting into squares. 


serves 16. Found the recipe here

note: I cut parchment to fit the pan and lightly sprayed with non-stick spray so I could easily lift them out of the pan. Then I put in a large baggie to transport. 


























she's a teenager and wouldn't
let me take her picture!! 


two years ago: see the earrings I made out of fish lures!

No comments:

Post a Comment