Saturday, August 25, 2018

Skinny Margarita

I'm not a fan of traditional margaritas - too sweet and filling for me. Get rid of some of that sugar tho and tart them up with lime juice and these "skinny" margaritas are a winner (in my book!).

For each drink mix together 2 ounces tequila, a large splash of lime juice (or 4 lime wedges), a small splash of orange liqueur (like Triple Sec, Grand Marnier or Cointreau), and top with a splash of club soda - pour over ice. So good - light and refreshing (unless you drink too many hahahah, that would not be light or refreshing).

I forgot to take a picture - I don't blend them with ice or salt the rim,  so it just looks like lemonade in a glass. Feel free to put this in a blender with ice for a frozen margarita, and go crazy with salting the rim if that's your thing (to salt the rim: dip the edge of the glass in water or lime/lemon juice, then dip in coarse salt - or coarse sugar...easy).





No comments:

Post a Comment