Saturday, August 18, 2018

Scrambled Eggs and Toast "Chick"

Jen saw this idea in a People magazine and thought I'd like to make it - of course I would, who wouldn't want to eat a super cute chickie scrambled eggs and toast dish for breakfast? I'll tell you who...my husband. I made him this as a surprise for breakfast and he said looked at it and said "what the hell?"



Whatever. I think it's adorable.

This is a fun and easy breakfast idea for your back-to-schooler, or for anytime you want to do a little somethin' extra breakfast...just maybe not for the hubby tho, geesh.

The toast is supposed to look like a cracked open egg but I think they look more like wings - to make them I just cut out 2 circles of toast using a cookie cutter, and cut the tops off in a zigzag. After cooking a couple cheesy scrambled eggs,  set the cookie cutter on the plate and filled it with the eggs so the chickie head would be sort of molded into a round symmetrical shape (you could just mound them into a circle). Add a couple blueberries for eyes and a wedge shaped piece of carrot or yellow cheese for the beak. Add some slices of avocado if you want, then set the toast on top. Easy peasy.


Note: in the inspiration recipe they made grilled cheese and scrambled eggs but I just went with toast. Up to you...



No comments:

Post a Comment