Monday, August 1, 2016

Fish Lure Earrings

Ok, you might think I've gone a little crazy - but have you seen how pretty some fishing lures are? I was trying to clean up a big jumbled mess of Dave's (he had lures and fishing line and all kinds of stuff mixed together in a giant basket, it was crying out to me that it needed organizing!) and came across some lures that I wanted to make into earrings; of course when I asked if I could have them (finders keepers and all that) he said no cuz he actually fishes with them. Whatever...so I found my own at Meijers to see if I could make something fun out of them. And look - they turned out good!



Super simple - I glued a couple seed beads to the pokey hooks so I wouldn't stab myself when wearing them, attached the lure to an earring wire with a jump ring. That's it.

They are lightweight and colorful, I picked out some inexpensive somewhat plain ones since I didn't know how they would turn out - now I'm sort of hooked (HA, a fishing joke!) on making these and think I'll go to an actual fishing store and pick out even nicer ones for future jewelry making projects ;)

I use tweezers to open the jump ring. try to
not twist the ring when you open it, it'll make
it easier it back up.


glue small beads on the hooks - of course be careful, the hooks are sharp!









No comments:

Post a Comment