Monday, August 15, 2016

Repurposed Dresser by Cathy

Cathy sent me this picture and said she was mad at herself for not taking more pictures so I could blog it - after yelling at her that she keeps doing this to me (she and her granddaughters are super crafty and do fun projects all the time but forget to take pictures so I can share them with you! C'mon Cathy - don't you want to share? Don't keep all these cute ideas to yourself haha) I told her I was going to blog it anyway and asked her to at least write out what she did to transform this piece. Isn't this a clever idea?

It was a white 5 drawer dresser with lime green handles to start with, she removed the bottom two drawers to create a bookshelf and then painted it. Here is her description:

The first thing I did was remove the piece of wood in the front of the dresser that served as a spacer between the two drawers and then I removed the smaller piece of wood inside the dresser that served as glides for the two drawers.  Al cut and inserted a piece of wood on the bottom of the dresser to hold the books since once the drawers came out there was no bottom to the dresser.  I lightly sanded the dresser and brush painted it with an interior paint/primer. I got it at Home Depot (the color is Peking Orange).  I spray painted the knobs with a dark brown paint.  Then let everything dry overnight and put it together.  I wish I had pictures – it was so easy.


these are the parts she removed to turn it into a bookshelf on the bottom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment