Sunday, August 28, 2016

Steakhouse Wedge Salad with Warm Tomato Vinaigrette


Waiting at the doc's office I picked up a Martha Stewart Living (did you know she still has the magazine? I did not...) and the first thing I flipped to is this recipe - needed to stop at the grocery store on my way home anyway so decided to make it. And it's really really good!

             

Not the traditional wedge salad - you cook steak and top it with bleu cheese, serve on the side of an iceberg wedge, onions (unless you hate them), and tomatoes. Then drizzle the whole thing with an easy vinaigrette. I didn't look at the recipe close enough and bought bleu cheese crumbles, it calls for sliced but the crumbles worked just fine. Our store doesn't have hanger steak so we substituted flat iron and Dave grilled it outside instead of doing it in a pan like the recipe says.


I snapped the recipe with my phone straight out of the Martha Stewart Living Magazine (don't know what issue) - I'm probably breaking some law doing that and then posting it but at least I'm crediting her!! Don't tell Martha I did this hahaha ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment