Friday, August 12, 2016

Candy Bouquet

Brooke and I made this candy bouquet to take the birthday party last weekend (see here for the desserts we made) - it's a pretty easy project and makes a great, fun gift or centerpiece.


I found this flower pot at a dollar store, you want the container to be weighted or else it will tip over when you put the candy in it. I bought a small piece of floral foam that fit in the pot but you can fill it with whatever you can find that will hold the candy in place. Next time I will tape the foam down (criss cross tape across the top of foam and stick to the edge of the container), when I started adding the candy the foam wanted to pop out - I just kept shoving it back in and eventually it held. Cut up small squares (maybe 4" or so, does not have to be perfect cuz you're scrunching them up) of tissue paper, I sort of folded them and bunched them up so they are ruffly, and attach them to the foam around the edge of the pot. Note: I burned my finger bad doing this so be careful! I still have a blister on the whole top of my index finger - my advice is to use a skewer or something other than your finger to press the tissue squares in place!



Next attach the candy to bamboo skewers with clear packing tape - note for the rolos we just stuck individual ones onto the tip of the skewer. Place the largest candy in first -  this is just like if you're flower arranging, put in the green cover that covers the foam, add the eye-catching large blooms, then the medium flowers, and last fill in with the small filler - followed by the medium sized candy in wrappers and lastly I filled in with the shooty rolos. Isn't it cute?

No comments:

Post a Comment