Thursday, August 25, 2016

Notebook Paper Frame

I love back to school time of year - I think that's one of those either love it or hate it things. Dave hates it, how many years later he is still traumatized about going to school hahaha, but it makes me excited! I was shopping with Brooke the other day looking at school supplies (see here for her jazzing up her composition notebooks) and I couldn't resist getting myself notebooks, folders and new markers! Pitiful I know...but I love this stuff. So when I saw this idea I immediately knew I'd be making it.


I saw this frame idea on the Michaels website, I didn't follow their instructions exactly but that's what an inspiration idea is for! See an idea, change it if you want to, and make it your own...


This is super simple - paint a plain wood frame white; after it dries make lines using a blue fine point sharpie every 3/8" inch horizontally on the frame. Then make 2 vertical red lines on the left side - looks like notebook paper! So cute, what a great teacher gift (or a gift for someone like me who is slightly obsessed with notebook paper)!

I wasn't patient enough to paint one side and
let it dry before painting the flip side!


To make the picture to put in the frame, I played around with some free circle flower templates I found online (click here for the site I used) and added the 'make my day camp' text.

No comments:

Post a Comment