Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A Tip For Repotting Plants

I have a gerbera daisy that a friend gave me a couple years ago, and it's still been in it's little 4 inch pot this whole time - how sad and it really wants to live so I finally got around to repotting it! Poor thing. Watch it'll now die cuz I messed with it haha...

When repotting plants because they need more space, don't use a much bigger pot. I can't remember why but you are "supposed" to just go up a little bit in size, and as they grow out of that one then go up another size. It's better for them and besides, if you put a little plant in a giant pot the proportions will be wrong and it'll look stupid.

A little tip for repotting plants - I put a coffee filter in the bottom of the pot (if it has a hole in the bottom) before adding soil, it keeps the dirt from running out when you water it. You can put a stone or pebble over the opening instead, that works pretty good too but I'm too lazy to go hunt for a stone when I have a stack of filters in the garage for this very reason!




if the plants roots are all bound together like this one,
gently separate if you can so the roots will
now be able to grow down into the fresh soil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment