Tuesday, August 9, 2016

DIY Mason Jar Lunchables

My niece Macey just sent me this video by Little Things that she saw on Facebook and I have to say - it's genius! Click here to watch the video and see the idea in action - the premise is to use a mason jar with a lid and screw ring, and a clean empty single serving applesauce cup to keep your foods separate until ready to eat.  I haven't tried it myself yet but I totally will be doing this - the first idea on the video of keeping the cereal and milk apart seems like it might be hard to eat out of a mason jar but the other ideas are awesome: hummus and veggies, crackers with ham and cheese, yogurt with berries and granola, salad and dressing...love this! Thanks for sharing Macey :)



I googled this idea online and there are lots of people doing it - why haven't I seen this before haha? I found the above picture from another site (smart school house) so you get an idea what it looks like.

The applesauce cup keeps the foods separated - if it's a dry ingredient going in the cup (like in the above example - meat and cheese are in the mason jar, and crackers are in the applesauce cup) you can put the cup upside down on the lid of the mason jar then screw the ring over top and it holds the applesauce cup in place; if a liquid is going in the cup put the cup inside and then put the lid and screw ring on (for example, salad in the mason jar and dressing in the cup rests on top of the salad).



No comments:

Post a Comment