Monday, August 29, 2016

DIY: Bling Your Shoes

I decided to bling out some very basic black ballet flats, 'cuz why not? This is a super easy and quick project once you decide where to glue the gems. I bought these inexpensive shoes at Kohls - maybe don't do this for the first time on nicer shoes just in case, I'll feel terrible if you ruin the shoes and blame me! They had a bow sewn on the toes but I got it off with my seam ripper and a little muscle - they had it on there good (but I was not to be stopped haha, it had to come off!). Play around with where you want the bling/decorations to go and then glue down using a strong clear glue - I used "jewel it" but I bet something like e-6000 would work, just read the packaging and see if it'll work on fabric or leather and dry clear.

Look how cute they turned out - different and fun!





start with plain shoes or make sure you can
remove any bows or whatever

play around with how you want the design
to look, this was the longest step for me

then glue down the gems or whatever
bling you choose. easy peasy george
and wheezy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment