Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Tip-sy Tuesday: Random Stripe Generator

The crocheted blanket I made for baby Georgia (click here for that post) used 7 different colored yarns and I didn't want to have them be in a recurring pattern; the site that had the stitch instructions said she made her stripes random by just reaching into her bag to blindly select a color for each different row, but I didn't like that idea so I used the free 'random stripe generator' found here  at biscuits and jam. You plug in how many different colors and how many rows and it generates the random rows - best part is if you don't like how it looks you just keep refreshing the page and it changes the random rows. I went thru probably 25 different examples before selecting one that I liked - maybe not necessary to 'plan' randomness LOL but it was fun and I liked knowing what the 'random' pattern was going to look like before starting.



8.22.22: baked meatballs


No comments:

Post a Comment