Monday, August 21, 2023

Bobble Stitch Crochet with Flannel Baby Blanket

I made this blanket for my grandniece Georgia (my first grand and I'm so excited! I'm 'Grant Jill' now!!!), it looks complicated but the pattern is not hard - it's just the changing of the yarn every couple of rows that's a little time-sucking. Actually, changing colors is easy, it's the weaving in of all the ends that isn't very fun hahaha. But it's a baby blanket and not very big (about 36" square) so it didn't take too long to finish burying the loose ends. 

I followed the pattern for the bobble stitch crochet found here at mooglyblog.com  but there are lots of free patterns for this stitch online. 

Once I had the crochet top finished I cut a square of pre-washed flannel about an inch bigger than the crochet square, turn under the edges about 1/2" to fit the crochet part, and sewed them together using my sewing machine. I read a tip to make a small sample of the crochet pattern and experiment sewing it to a small piece of flannel to make sure the machine wasn't going to catch - so I did, and it didn't. I sewed on the flannel side with the crochet part underneath and the yarn didn't catch or pull on the machine feeder dogs. 


changing colors for every row = lots of loose ends!


I weave in the ends using a large plastic needle or a small skinny crochet hook


the reverse side of the bobble stitch, in case you
don't want to add a flannel lining/back






that face!!! 😂

8.21.22: ðŸ”¥ week 34








No comments:

Post a Comment