Monday, August 21, 2017

Ceiling Light Decoration

Remember my motto "if it stands still long enough it's gonna get decorated"? Well here's another example of that hahaha! 


We smoothed an area around the flush mounted ceiling light in the guest room (it had to be sanded which was a little messy, not gonna lie) a couple years ago with my intention to paint flowers and vines and add big sparkly gem stones after seeing the idea somewhere...trying to remember where I saw it is giving me brain pain - I don't know! Anyway, I just hadn't found the perfect thing I wanted to do so have ignored the ceiling until now. I had these removable wall stickers on my filing cabinet and walls of my office, you can buy these stickers everywhere now but instead of getting new ones I just peeled them off and put them up around the ceiling light. I did work up a good old sweat balancing myself on the bed and a stool with my arms up in the air for like an hour trying to get them placed just right, but it was worth it in the end...look how cute this turned out! A silly simple little thing that makes me happy :)






the stickers look cute on the ceiling in this guest room that my niece Brooke has claimed as "hers" haha!
also in this photo is the 3 canisters I painted that Candy and I found at a junk store (click here for that post) ,and I covered the lampshades in white terrycloth material and decorated with giant sequin fringe.





I hung the picture I painted of Sarge up - colors go great!
Click here for a better look at it - this photo isn't great.

One year ago today: stuffed cabbage rolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment