Saturday, August 12, 2017

Baked Spinach Dip

Cassandra told me about this dip her sister-in-law makes but I kept forgetting - until we were having family dinner the other night and I wanted to make an easy appetizer and remembered this. It comes together super fast, only 4 ingredients, and was devoured in like 10 minutes. Seriously, they were scraping the dish after it was all gone! I only made a half recipe because it really sounded like it was going to make a lot - after watching these people gobble it down I totally should have made the full recipe!


Check out how easy this is: Spray a pan with non stick spray. Chop one bag of fresh spinach into pieces and wilt in the pan over medium heat - doesn't take very long - then sprinkle with garlic powder and a little garlic salt. In a bowl combine 1 block of cream cheese, 1/2 bag shredded mozzarella cheese, and the spinach. Put in a small baking dish and heat thru in a 325' oven.

Note: I baked it because I don't have a small crock pot to keep it warm which is what I originally thought I was going to do.  She just adds all the ingredients to the wilted spinach in the pan, stirs until hot and melted, and serves. Since it was scarfed up so fast this totally would work! If it's going to sit out for awhile I like the baked or crock pot idea since it tastes best hot. Serve with crackers, bagel chips, tortilla chips...whatever!



Note #2: It was in the oven for quite awhile before I served it so it sort of formed a browned crust on top which everyone loved. If you serve it fresh from the pan it won't look like my picture, it'll be more creamy and white like traditional dip.


Like the action shots? They wouldn't stop eating long enough for me to take their pictures...;)



one year ago today: DIY candy bouquet

No comments:

Post a Comment