Sunday, August 13, 2017

Chicken and Tortellini Salad

Found this recipe at cookinglight.com - we don't eat pasta very often but this caught my eye and then I was craving pasta of course...I am SO glad I made this. Hit the spot, easy to make, and it's really good.



Ingredients:

1 (9 oz.) package refrigerated cheese tortellini, cooked according to the package directions.
8 ounces shredded rotisserie chicken (skinless and boneless), about 2 cups
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
3 T. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
2 T. fresh lemon juice (note I didn't have a lemon so just used bottled juice and no rind)
1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups baby arugula
1/3 cup thinly sliced shallot (note I omitted that 'cuz Dave doesn't like onions)
3/4 ounce shaved parmesan cheese, about 1/4 cup

Directions:

In a small bowl combine garlic and salt, mash together to form a paste (note I did not do this, I just used garlic salt). Add oil, rind, lemon juice, sugar, and pepper; stir with a whisk.

Place tortellini and chicken in a large bowl. Add 2 Tablespoons dressing and toss to coat. Gently fold in arugula, shallot, and remaining dressing. Sprinkle with parmesan.

4 (1 1/2 cup) servings. Per serving: 400 calories, 18g fat, 27g protein, 35g carb, 3g fiber


one year ago today: copycat purple drink

No comments:

Post a Comment