Thursday, August 10, 2017

Breakfast Salad

Yep, you read that right. Breakfast...SALAD. I had never thought of such a thing until I read an article recently at Cooking Light and had my eyes opened - why not?


So I made a simple salad of arugula, chopped tomatoes and avocado, leftover toasted pine nuts and drizzled it with a little extra virgin olive oil. Topped that with a basted egg (similar to a poached egg, click here to see how to make them), season with salt and pepper. The runny egg yolk mixed with everything and made sort of a "dressing" for the salad. I know it's weird. It is. But so, so, surprisingly good! Will you try salad for breakfast? If so, let me know what you come up with!




one year ago today: birthday dessert assortment ice cream sandwiches, mini banana pie, brownies

No comments:

Post a Comment