Monday, September 12, 2016

Junkin' with Candy (aka: Updating Old Stuff)

Candy and I went to a couple little antique/junk stores the other day and I found this plain wood holder with 3 clear jars. Normally I wouldn't have looked twice at this but for some reason I zoomed right it on it and knew just what I wanted to do to it - and it only cost $4 so if it didn't work I wasn't out much.

I lightly sanded the tops of the jars and the wood holder and wiped them clean. Using a 1" foam paintbrush I painted the jar tops with 2 coats of black chalkboard paint, and the wood holder with acrylic craft paint. First for some reason I painted it light lilac, that wasn't right so I covered it in cape cod blue...and that wasn't right either; finally I mixed together bright blue with a bit of yellow and orange and came up with this pretty dark teal color - ahhhhh, just right. My thought is to put this in the bathroom for cotton balls, qtips, etc. and write on the lids with chalk - but who knows, it's so cute I have lots of places I might use it!




1 comment:

  1. Jill, they turned out great! You have such good visions! :)

    ReplyDelete