Saturday, September 24, 2016

Tip for Ice Cream Containers

A quick little thing that makes life a little easier - if you get ice cream in the tall circular half gallon carton, cut down the container as you eat it, cover it with plastic wrap then put the lid back on. It helps the top of the ice cream not get all yucky (I'm not sure why ice cream gets weird in the container as you eat your way down, you know what I'm talking about?) and stays fresher. Also it takes up less space in the freezer and goodness knows I need all the space I can get - I have that baby jammed full all the time.

When I'm making an ice cream dessert I just cut the carton in half with a long serated knife while it's still full and that makes getting the portion I need out easier. Otherwise I trim the carton down with scissors if the top of the container is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment