Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Crustless Mini Quiche

Made these for a quick easy breakfast - it made so many tho I had them for too many days in a row haha, I'm a little tired of them at the moment! They are really easy to make, even easier to eat (I even took them in the car so they are quite portable), taste great, and you can easily change up the add-ins if you want.  Try with different herbs, add meat or veggies, or skip topping with tomato - simple to customize. Oh, I just had an idea - next time I'll put different fillings in the same batch so I don't have 18 all the same (that or find someone to share them with - I wonder how they'd freeze...hmmmmm I might try that too).


Whisk 1/2 cup milk and 1 Tablespoon cornstarch in large bowl, then whisk in 1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese, 4 large eggs, 1/2 cup chopped basil, 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup sliced green onions, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Divide evenly in a greased cupcake pan, top each with a thin tomato slice. Bake until set and puffed, about 15 minutes. Makes 18 mini quiche.

Note: you can pour all of the batter into a 10" pie pan and bake at 375' for 35-40 minutes.





Adapted from a Good Housekeeping recipe from 7/13



No comments:

Post a Comment