Friday, August 23, 2019

Sausage Stuffed Dates

Oh My Gosh...you guys! These are soooooooo good!!! If you're looking for a great appetizer that is probably a little different than your go-to recipe and you want people fighting over what you made - here ya go. Thank me later. Well actually thank Cathy later, it's her recipe and I almost kept the credit for myself hahahah. Mmmmmm I love these so much (I love them so much I had the 2 leftover ones for breakfast!).


24 medjool dates
16 ounces bacon (not thick cut)
Sweet or hot Italian sausage, cooked, broken up into crumbles,

Heat oven to 400'. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and arrange a wire baking rack on top. Slice open dates and remove pits. Stuff each date with cooked crumbled Italian sausage, then press closed.
Cut strips of bacon in half widthwise. wrap each date with one slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Arrange dates on the baking sheet, being careful not to crowd them.

Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is crisp. let rest for 15 minutes before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment