Saturday, August 17, 2019

Grape and Broccoli Salad

This recipe is in a Costco magazine that came in the mail, it's pretty much like standard broccoli salad  (click for the "regular" version) with the addition of halved green grapes - it's a nice option for sure and I'll make this one again.


salad:
1 cup green grapes, cut in half (I'm pretty sure red grapes would be equally good!)
4 cups broccoli florets, cut in bite sized pieces
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup nuts (your choice, I used pine nuts because of Dave's nut allergies)
1/2 pound cooked bacon, crumbled

dressing:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4-1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar

Mix salad ingredients together in a big bowl. Mix dressing ingredients and toss with salad. Makes 4 to 6 servings.

note: I don't like raw broccoli in this salad so I cook for just a minute or two and then plunge in an ice bath to stop the cooking. Takes the edge off the rawness which I prefer. Also, 1/4 cup sugar was plenty, I'll go with 2 tablespoons next time. If you want to make a bit healthier, swap some of the mayo for plain Greek yogurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment