Monday, August 19, 2019

Shadow Box Memory Collage

I got the idea for these shadow box memory collages from a friend of my friend Mary (I think it's from Leslie but I might be wrong) a loooong time ago, I've made a few now and absolutely love them. I love making, personalizing, and giving them - coming up with things representing memories and old stories, or in Dave's case I made his after he won the Long Beach Grand Prix Pro/Celeb race - it's as fun for me to make as it is for the person who gets one.


These 3 are all in an 8x8" shadow box which I think is a good size - not too big that it's hard to find a place to display it and not hard to fill it up. It might be a little hard to see, but they aren't flat - there's spoons, dice, figurines, wrist bands, trophies, beads...all kinds of crap objects layered in front of photos, notes, stickers, cartoons, whatever you can find that fits the person. Change the size and the contents to your liking - just keep it as personal and packed full as you can. The more you look at them the more things you see that you might not have noticed the first time around! Seriously, check out how much is jammed into one small 8x8" box hahahaha!


I'm so glad I have photos of the memory boxes, it makes me laugh to look at them again - all our inside jokes, classic moments, and fun memories are priceless and these packed boxes remind me (and hopefully them) of all the good times.




No comments:

Post a Comment