Friday, August 16, 2019

Tuna Avocado Egg Salad Sandwich

I adapted this recipe from one found on the back of my Siggi's Icelandic Skyr label - Skyr means thick yogurt in Icelandic and it tastes just like Greek yogurt to me, and I'm addicted. I use the plain no-fat either Siggi's brand or any thick Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, and quite often will cut mayonnaise with yogurt to make a healthier spread. When I saw this sandwich idea I immediately made it for lunch, changing it a bit by adding an additional egg, 1 can of flaked, drained tuna, and more yogurt as needed to get the right consistency. Also, I had baby arugula on hand and substituted it for the kale.

With the additions we made 2 1/2 sandwiches and loved them. This is a keeper! One note though - this is best eaten the same day you make it, I had a little left over and 2 days later it was watery and the avocado turned that weird color cut avocados turn.

 Here is their recipe for one sandwich, change it like I did if you want or make it as is. Both ways are great.

1/2 ripe avocado
2 hardboiled eggs
2 tablespoons siggi's plain yogurt
2 slices hearty bread
1/4 cup loosely packed kale leaves
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl, combine all ingredients, smash well with a fork. Adjust the salt and pepper seasoning as desired.

avocado and egg
with the addition of flaked canned tunafish





No comments:

Post a Comment