Friday, August 9, 2019

Paper Straw Easels

How cute are these little paper straw easels? And they're super quick, inexpensive, and easy to make - win, win! I think I'll use them on a buffet or dessert table labeling different dishes, or as place card holders - I think it'd be fun to print out a photo of your guest and stand it on this easel in front of their place at the table (not that I do place cards very often but this is a cute idea just for something different). 

To make this small easel you need 3 paper straws - cut into 2 pieces that are 11 centimeters (a little over 4"), 1 piece 9.5 centimeters (a little over 3.5"), and 1 piece 7.5 centimeters (3"). Note: I do not use metric numbers very often but the instructions gave both cm and inches and it was just easier to use my ruler and cut in centimeters!


Glue the 2 longest pieces together at the top with a drop of hot glue; then glue the 7.5 cm (3") across the bottom of the front for the shelf; finally add the middle size 9.5 cm at the back for the anchor leg.




I'm not crazy how the top of the 3 straws coming together looks, if it's going to be covered with a picture or something then it's fine but if the top is going to show I like it better with a short piece of ribbon glued around the top of the straws. 




I made these out of silver paper straws from the dollar store, they'd also be cute with colorful, patterned, or striped straws (which I see everywhere - grocery store, craft store, dollar store...you could easily make stands that match your party or dinner decorations).

You can vary the sizes of easels by cutting the straws longer or shorter, play around with what looks right for your purpose. 

click here for source 

No comments:

Post a Comment