Sunday, August 4, 2019

Around the Campfire 🔥 (week 31)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what you might have missed at camp this week:

Posts ~

8/3: slow-cooker bbq chicken
8/2: diaper wreath
8/1: my sis is hungry: cowboy pasta salad
7/31: mexican street corn salad
7/30: Tip-sy Tuesday: guacamole toast
7/29: steering wheel cover
7/28: 🔥 (week 30)

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy but not worth an entire post ~
  • read 'Class Mom' by Laurie Gelman, it's pretty fun and an easy read ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️, also read 'Turtles All the Way Down' by John Green - love the title, liked the book and plot for the most part but the main character struggles with mental illness that was a little hard to read. Overall tho I'd give it ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • my garden has gone bonkers and I spent way too much time trying to untangle the pole beans that have taken over the tomatoes, like they are vining themselves down the tomato plants and cages. apparently I didn't use tall enough supports for them to attach to! It's an overgrown monster jungle of a delicious garden full of beans and tomatoes. 
  • I had a fit of rage over my clothes closet and literally tried every. single. thing. on and then packed up everything I don't like. It was organized before but it was so packed in I couldn't find anything. Much better now and I have clothes in order that fit and I like to wear. I did not hold each item to see if it "sparked joy" ala Marie Kondo whole "Tidying up" mantra, but I did try everything on to make sure it could stay. 
*Do you remember the series of photos I did for that creative photography class back in '16? if you do I'd be shocked LOL but after writing about picking beans I remembered this one and it made me laugh again - and I totally get why she wanted us to pick the beans, it's a never ending job!


That's all for me - check back next week to get some more ideas, tips, recipes, my sis has another review, and whatever else I get myself into! Have a great week :)

Sincerely ~


Jill
camp counselor and chief bean picker

No comments:

Post a Comment