Thursday, June 17, 2021

Pierogi

So I love pierogi. Like, love love pierogi. When we went to Gdansk a couple years ago I was so so excited about getting authentic pierogi and was slightly disappointed - so when I say I love pierogi I actually mean I love my version of pierogi and traditionalist will probably hate how I make it hahahah! Oh well, this is what I do and it's great (if I do say so myself). 

I start with a package of potato and cheese filled pierogi, usually from Costco but other grocery stores have them in the freezer section. Boil for a couple minutes until they float, then sauté in a little olive oil in a saucepan until browned. Then I'll add whatever I have on hand - sautéed mushrooms, peas, and cherry tomatoes topped with parmesan, salt and pepper are my favorite; tossed with butter and parmesan is delish, you can serve with sour cream or other veggies, or Google for more ideas - there are tons! 







6.17.18: coincidentally it's a different paper flower.
6.17.17: for real, it's another paper flower! I honestly had no idea and did not do this on purpose!
6.17.16: rock photo stand. whew, 4 years of paper flowers woulda been super weird timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment