Sunday, June 6, 2021

🔥Around the Campfire (week 23)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap in case you missed anything at camp last week:

Posts ~

5/30: 🔥week 22

5/31: Memorial Day

6/1: marshmallow filled cupcakes 

6/2: Yeti gift

6/3: peanut butter cheese ball

6/4: how to: use a Cricut to make the above Yeti gift

6/5: wedge salad dip

What's Cooking:

  • burgers, brats, Jane's baked beans, potato salad
  • chicken potpies (I was sick and needed comfort food haha!), green salad
  • topopo salad
  • grilled pork chops, chopped salad, roasted cauliflower
  • burger patties on caesar salad
Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~
  • we are at the campground, it's super hot and windy and I've been sick all week so staying inside and catching up on computer stuff - I just found that I skipped a couple weekly recaps at the end of last year! So doing some blog housekeeping haha! 
  • still working my way thru all the John Sandford Prey series and Virgil Flowers series. They are all good but sort of running together so I'm not going to review them all at this point. They are all summed up with 'really bad criminals up against some very smart good guys'. Well, they aren't exactly always good guys but they are the protagonist/heroes who solve the crimes.
  • finished planting my garden - I, as usual, planted waaaay too many tomatoes but I can never help myself - I love them SO much. I'm too late for Lucy's (the parrot) peas but did green beans which she also loves. Cukes for Dave, onions and herbs for me, and sunflowers in anticipation of using them for centerpieces at my nieces rehearsal dinner later in the summer. She's having an 'I do bbq' - cute right? Checked tablecloths, mason jar glasses, sunflowers and twinkle lights, and traditional bbq food. 
Brooke brought me chicken soup one day while I was sick - I love this bag so much! 


That's it for now - hope everyone had a great week! Stop back often for more crafts, recipes, and whatever else I can think to make next week at camp - maybe I'll get lucky and find some guest bloggers too hahaha! Bye!

Sincerely ~

Jill
camp counselor

6.6.20: crock pot pork roast (from frozen)

No comments:

Post a Comment