Sunday, June 13, 2021

🔥 Around the Campfire (week 24)

Dear Campers ~

Here's a quick recap of what happened at camp last week in case you missed anything:

Posts  ~

6/6: 🔥week 23

6/7: simple card with belly band

6/8: tip-sy tuesday: plants to attract bees 

6/9: champagne cupcakes

6/10: air fryer salmon

6/11:  prosciutto and goat cheese crackers 

6/12: cauliflower pizza casserole

What's cooking ~

  • grilled pork tenderloin, roasted asparagus, roasted cauliflower
  • grilled bone-in chicken, salad
  • grilled swordfish, chopped kale salad, corn tortillas
  • grilled marinaded chicken breast, roasted broccoli, caesar salad
  • bbq ribs, sweet kale salad
  • grilled chicken breast, caesar salad, carbo-nada noodles with alfredo

Miscellaneous stuff keeping me busy ~

  • since last week I wasn't feeling good for so many days, I had to make up for my lazy week! First up -  I changed the camper around and made myself a little 'office' nook, which is a tv tray and a shelf next to a plug - I'm now able to blog and not have my stuff spread everywhere. Dave's stuff is still strewn about which he doesn't seem to mind (drives me crazy haha) but secretly I know he's jealous of my new set up LOL (no he isn't). 
  • planted more sunflower seeds hoping to get enough for my niece's rehearsal dinner centerpieces.
  • read 'Greenlights' by Matthew McConaughey. Initially I borrowed the audio book from the library thinking I'd like to hear him read it but after about 3 minutes I thought 'oh heck no, he reads waaaaay to slow and I have no patience for that' - imagine his voice reading an entire book? Nope. So I returned it and got the version I could speed read myself hahaha. Didn't love it, didn't hate it. I took away some useful insights, he told some interesting stories but there's also an awful lot of rambling and stream-of-consiousness that I found annoying. Overall he's just one odd guy and I was left with a 'well that was weird' sense LOL. Tell me if you read it and what you think! ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hope you had a great week! Stop back often to see more of whatever I think of to make next week at camp :) Bye!

Sincerely ~


Jill 
camp counselor

6.13.19: MSIH: mini calzones
6.13.18: 1,000 posts! (it's now 2095!)

No comments:

Post a Comment