Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Vanilla Cupcakes with Marshmallow Filling

Made a few cupcakes to take to a gathering last Sunday - I liked the filling from last week's cupcakes that I took to my niece's soccer party but I didn't have pudding or cool whip and since I was making these last minute I didn't have time to run to the store. So I searched my baking cupboard and found some marshmallow fluff and winged this filling - which turned out great so I'm sharing! Mix together the fluff with 1/2 stick of butter at room temperature. Add a dash of vanilla and a pinch of salt. Add half and half or milk to get the consistency needed to fill - you don't want it stiff or it won't go down into the cupcake, but not too runny either. Think pudding-ish. I chopped up a handful of white chips and stirred them in for a little texture. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a large tip, push the tip into the top of a cupcake and gently squeeze. You'll know that it's filled enough when the cupcake just starts to bulge - obviously if you squeeze in too much you'll have a blowout hahahahah, not all bad since you get to eat the ones that break open ;)



6.1.20: wine cork plant markers


No comments:

Post a Comment