Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Tip-sy Tuesday: air-fryer hasselback potatoes

It's been really hot here and I didn't want to turn the oven on long enough to roast the hasselback potatoes I wanted to make for dinner, so I thought I'd try them in my toaster oven/air fryer combo oven to shorten the bake time. I looked up a bunch of recipes and most said to bake in a preheated oven for about 30 minutes total, but mine were not done in 30 mins so I turned up the temp for a few more minutes which caused them to get very brown and crispy. Next time I will leave the temp alone and just plan to increase the baking time. Or buy smaller potatoes.

Whether you do these in the air-fryer or just traditional oven this preparation is good (click here for another recipe I really like). Mix together in a bowl: 1/2 cup melted butter, 2 T. olive oil, 1-2 teaspoons fresh herbs (parsley, thyme, and rosemary - if you don't have fresh it's ok to substitute dried but use smaller amounts), 1/2 t. garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Preheat the air-fryer or oven to 350; bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and brush with more of the melted butter mixture making sure to get some of it in between the slices. Bake for another 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.  Serve with sour cream if desired. 

To slice the potatoes: you make cuts all along the potato being careful to not cut all the way thru. An easy tip to do this it to place 2 wooden spoons on either side of thee potato, then slice - the spoons will keep your knife from going all the way thru: 


6.22.20: watermelon windsock








6.22.19: Karen's layered taco dip

6.22.18: blog business cards 

6.22.17: hair idea - top braid

6.22.16: travel - Goodwood Festival



No comments:

Post a Comment