Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Champagne Cupcakes

My step-niece loves champagne, so when I saw this recipe I thought she'd be the perfect person to bake them for - sadly you can't taste champagne at all, it was just fun to make 'champagne cupcakes' for her birthday! I've seen other recipes for this type of 2-ingredient cake - just using a cake mix and pop or club soda, but I've never tried it. Not sure why this works, but it does! The texture is different than regular cake, light and fluffy almost like angel food cake. Not gonna lie, I didn't love the texture but I don't actually love cake (but I love to make cake so...hahhaha), maybe the texture is amazing to everyone who loves cake! However, the frosting is great - I'll use it on other cake in the future for sure. 


Mix together white cake mix and 1 1/2 cups champagne for 2 minutes. Pour into greased cake or cupcake lined pans and bake at 350' according to the package directions for cooking times. That's it!

For the champagne buttercream frosting, beat together until fluffy:

  • 2 sticks butter, room temperature
  • 4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4 cup champagne
  • 1/2 t. vanilla
  • pinch of salt


I added a couple drops of pink food coloring to make it pale pink, and added colored sugar sprinkles. 

 recipe found here at delish 

6.9.20: tip-sy tuesday: multiple ways to make pesto

6.9.19: 🔥week 23

6.9.18: packing tip - pillbox jewelry holder

6.9.17: outfit idea - cuffed jeans and t-shirt

6.9.16: garden update 




No comments:

Post a Comment