Saturday, June 19, 2021

Charcuterie Platter

When did 'charcuterie boards' become such a 'new thing'? (Probably those bougie millennials LOLOL!!).  We've been making charcuterie boards since the beginning of entertaining time, except we called them 'meat and cheese plates' hahahahaha. Making myself laugh. Anywho...I made a charcuterie plate and it was delish. 


Best addition to the platter is balls of burrata cheese - I love, underline the love because it's amazing and I love it. Have you had it? Fresh mozzarella balls filled with soft mozzarella and cream, so when you cut into the ball the inside is soft and creamy. Serve burrata at room temperature to make sure the inside will be soft. I drizzle it with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle on coarse salt and pepper. YUM.

In addition to the burrata, my platter has prosciutto, salami, pear slices, grapes, hummus, carrots, celery, and cheese curds. I put three different kinds of crackers in a separate bowl because I was afraid once we cut into the burrata the cream would make the crackers soggy. 


I sent a pic to the family and P said I should have made a big salami 'rose' that she saw on tiktok. Next time I'll try it - looks easy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment