Monday, June 28, 2021

Another Mask!

Don't know how I stumbled on this new mask pattern, probably that darn Pinterest hahahah - my favorite masks are my pleated ones, I find them comfortable and about as breathable as you can get while wearing fabric over your face! But I have lots of material and mask-making supplies and some time to play, so thought I'd give this new style a shot. Quite honestly it isn't better than the pleated ones I can make with my eyes closed, and (for me anyway) not as comfortable. But I'm sharing because lots of people do like this style, and it's the favorite of the woman who shared the pattern so who am I to say it's not great hahah. 

Yes, most of our mask mandates have been lifted and things are getting back to 'normal' but I will still be wearing a mask in some situations and it's fun to have options of what mask to wear. If you still anticipate wearing a mask now and then, maybe you'd like to make one of this style and see if you like it. Tell me if you do!

I'm not going to do step by step instructions - click here (or search for 'sewcanshe' online) to go to the original site where I found the pattern and watch her video, she does a good job of walking you thru how to make this mask. I don't need to reinvent the wheel when she already does it so well hahaha. She also has a free pattern on her website with different sizes.  

I took some pictures while making the mask and will give you a general overlook:

cut 4 pieces of material following her pattern

sew them together creating the front and back of the mask

add ear loops - she has a cool trick that didn't make sense to me until I tried it

with right sides together sew the front and back together leaving a small opening to turn it right side out


top stitch around the entire mask (which will close the opening you left in the last step)


I made mine reversible, use whatever fabrics and patterns you like

6.28.20: 🔥week 26

No comments:

Post a Comment