Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Final Day in Goodwood

I'm a little late posting this, we are actually back home now but I wanted to finish up my travel log for this trip! I came down with a stomach bug or food poisoning (remember Nag's Head dinner from my last post? Not blaming or anything but...) so our last day wasn't so much fun for me but everyone else had a blast. 

All the other days were leading up to the grand finale - all of the car entries had a big timed event, one at a time they raced like a mile circuit around a couple curves and up a long hill...fastest time wins. There were tons of different cars from very old roadsters to current Formula 1 cars - we were there supporting and rooting for our friend Mike Skinner who competed in a Nascar truck and took 3rd place overall. So much fun (even not feeling good I still really enjoyed watching the spectacle)!

For a fun, different, unusual DIY project check out this idea - after Mike got done racing and was in the winners circle he popped open the trunk of his race truck and there is a bar built into the back! Haha, a "car bar" - how great is this? I'm trying to get Dave to let me do this in the trunk of my car but so far he isn't going for it...;)


PS: we had a very long trip home and ended up having to rent a car and drive from Toronto, yep that was a long day. Here's a pic of everyone stuck inside the jetway for about 20 minutes before they could load us onto the plane, not fun - I've never had that happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment