Thursday, June 16, 2016

Planting a Scottie Topiary - Fail.

So I've had this spaghnum moss filled Scottie topiary thing for years, I decided to try planting it to change it up a bit. The moss has compacted down and is super hard - we are having a garage sale this weekend and I contemplated putting this in but then decided to give it a chance at new life haha.



Dave went to the nursery with me and picked out this scotch moss because he thought it would look like a chia pet :). I did not think this idea thru very well - how was I going to get the plants into the moss thru the small openings in the wire frame? I poked holes in it with a screwdriver and then broke the plants apart into small pieces and stuck them in...I did that for 4 plants until I threw in the towel realizing this is looking like a "fail" for sure and I should stop torturing the plants! I'll water it and see what happens but do not have high hopes - I'll keep you posted if anything happens (other than the plants dying!).



looks like it's wearing a grass hula skirt!
Apparently Sarge has had enough of
this project and is resting while I finish...

With the left over plants I made this cute little hanging basket - much better use of the scotch moss!

at first I decorated the hanging basket with
these cute little flamingo and fence picks but then...

...it turned into an Avengers super hero garden instead :). 



No comments:

Post a Comment