Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Here is the other cupcake that I made at my nieces' request (in addition to the Rolo cupcakes I posted earlier, click here to see them) - I would never have made these if she didn't send me the recipe and beg, it didn't sound good to me at all. Doesn't it just sound dry to have a cookie in the middle of your cupcake? Well I'm glad I made them - they are good! You freeze cookie dough balls for a couple hours until they are hard, then drop them onto the cupcake batter and bake. Since the cookie dough is frozen first it doesn't bake all the way, so it's still soft cookie dough inside the cupcake! How clever, and delish!


I used a yellow cake mix; instead of using oil though I replaced it with melted butter and added a dash of vanilla to give it a little more "homemade" taste. Frosted with traditional buttercream, then topped with chocolate sprinkles and mini chocolate chips. Oh, and I didn't make the cookie dough like the recipe, I used a tube of premade cookie dough - truthfully I had my doubts about how this cupcake would turn out and didn't want to waste homemade cookie dough on it! But the store bought dough worked great and saved me some time - I will do it that way in the future. Click here for the recipe.

drop frozen cookie dough balls onto the cupcake batter

yum!

cookie dough and rolo cupcakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment